As Kiera get solder I realize the importance of holding on to our Mommie & daughter moments. Once thing we both love equally as much as fashion is cooking. I actually love baking, so today we are sharing our favorite chocolate cookie recipe.
YUMMY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE
- Stand Mixer (fitted with the paddle)
- Pie Dish or Baking Pan
- Wire Cooling Rack
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened room tempture
- 4 Large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and the salt on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add the whole eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute and stopping to scrape down the bowl before adding the egg yolk. Beat for another minute and scrape down the bowl again.
- Add the extracts to mixture.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, then slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing just until the dough comes together and the flour has disappeared.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts on low speed, finishing with a few stirs by hand as needed.
- Cover cookie dough by layying two large sheets of plastic wrap down on counter. Scrape the dough into the center, then spread it into a thick disk. Fold the edges of the plastic up and around the dough to wrap it completely. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or refridgate for atleast 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously coat a 9-inch pie dish, or cake pan with crisco followed by a thin dusting of flour or baking spray. Press the dough into the pan in an even layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Check at the 15-minute mark—if the cookie cake is browning too quickly at the edges, loosely cover it with foil.)
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Looking for more home tips, check out my How to Keep Cut Flowers Fresh post.
For more fashion inspiration, check out Shop My Looks page.
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter to keep up with What’s New & What’s Next: Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle, click here.
Thanks for visiting my blog! Until next time, Go Live Life Out Loud and come back and tell your girl all about it. Be blessed!